Sunday 8 May 2016

DONOUGHMORE ARA

Some friends and myself attended the Donoughmore Flower Power Social dance on Sunday evening 1st May as part of Bealtaine. We were asked to wear something flowery but weren't too sure how far to go since we are no longer teenagers. We need not have worried as when we got there ( the community  hall in Stuake) we got a great welcome and were amazed to see all the flowery outfits from dresses, shirts, blouses, tops, pants, flowers in the hair, wigs even flowers in wrist bands. They went all out!
We got a lovely spread of home made sandwiches and snacks as well as tea and coffee.
Then all out on the floor to the tempo of the Marino Sound and I mean all out , no wallflowers here!
I have a few photos taken by Rene on her Iphone as I forgot my camera worrying about my outfit!

Margaret and Joan

Sean and Rene
Mary and Nora

Rene and Joan
Margaret and Monica

Sean in all his glory

Photos by Rene Collins on her Iphone

If you have any more photos I would love to have them. E mail to me at margaretmmccarthy41@gmail.com
or post photos to me at 24 Dromore drive Mallow

We had a wonderful time so thanks to Monica Kelleher Chairperson of Donoughmore and all the committee including Noreen O Regan. We are looking to next year already!





1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos and great idea of wearing something with flowers 💐 🌺 🌹 🌻

    ReplyDelete